Our Day...


It's officially been 157,248,000 seconds, 2,620,800 minutes, 43,680 hours, 
1825 days, 261 weeks, 60 months, and counting since I have met you and fell in love with you. And during that time. I've had the best years of my life with you. Even though we are no longer together, today is still our day and because we aren't a couple anymore, I'd at least like to celebrate how our relationship has helped me grow over the years and how amazing of a girl you truly are. 
I'm so happy that you came into my life. 
You've even taught me some things along the way and added more layers to my personality.
Being with you motivated me to get back into school after dropping out. 
You've even inspired me to get a career instead of working dead end jobs. 
These days, I'm on my way to finish college and develop a career that'll give me financial stability for the rest of my life and that was all influenced by you and for that, I am indebted to you. 
You have done more for me than anyone else ever has and I will never stop appreciating you for it.

It's unfortunate that life gets in the way and it's driven us to end our relationship. 
I didn't want it to happen. Yes, you've hurt me. You've made mistakes that have caused me pain.
You've done things that have broken me. 
You've mistreated me in a way that made me feel like I wasn't good enough. 
Despite that, I've forgiven you for it all and I won't did well in it. 

Up to this point, we've been broken up for 2 months and there's still a possibility that we'll get back together, but in case we don't and this break up is finalized, 
I just wanted to thank you for the experience. 
Thank you for giving me a chance when everyone else didn't. 
Thank you for loving me when I thought nobody would. 
Thank you for being there for me,supporting me when I was on the verge of giving up on life.
 Thank you for believing in me when I thought I wouldn't amount to anything. 
Thank you for coming out of nowhere and surprising me with the fact that a girl like you exists. Thank you for turning out to be the best thing that's ever happened to me. 
Thank you for making an impact so significant in my life that it will follow me forever. 
 I only hope that you were able to see that I was the best lover.
I could possibly be for you and I tried my best to give you the world, 
even if it was only a fraction of it.

For now, I don't know how long it'll be until I'll move on. I don't know how long it'll take to get over you. But I just want you to know, I'll start the process of letting you go because you wanted to be on your own and you can't do that if I keep holding on. So, I'll respect your wishes and let you be. Whenever you need me, I'll be here.
 I am finally at peace with losing you because I'm just thankful I even had you for as long as I did.

Maybe we've become bored of ourselves and in doing so, became bored of each other. Maybe we've lost ourselves along the way and in doing so, things between us died down. Maybe we've realized we want different things and it's no longer the right time to be together. But that's for us to know, because only we can truly understand us.
Perhaps, I could have just sent this directly to you. Perhaps, a simple text message would have been more appropriate. Perhaps, I should have kept these thoughts private and not get so personal. But expressing how much you're worth to me. 
I don't mind letting the world know what you still mean to me.
You will be a tough act to follow.

I will miss you.
I will always love you.

 5 year anniversary to us.


Comments

Popular Posts